Puijo SMEAR IV Kuopio - Particle size distributions (DMPS), 2006-2015 (IDA)
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFinnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Atmospheric Research Centre of Eastern Finland. University of Eastern Finland (UEF), Department of Applied Physics, Aerosol Physics group. Jorma Joutsensaari, University of Eastern Finland (UEF), Department of Applied Physics. Mika Komppula, Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Atmospheric Research Centre of Eastern Finland. , Puijo SMEAR IV Kuopio - Particle size distributions (DMPS), 2006-2015 (IDA), 2017, urn:nbn:fi:csc-kata20170629154947462918.
Particle size distribution data measured with a differential mobility particle sizer (DMPS) through total (tot) and interstitial (int) inlets at Puijo SMEAR IV station in Kuopio, Finland. Data for years 2006-2015. See detailed description: https://avaa.tdata.fi/web/smart/smear-iv.
Data contains files for both inlets (tot and int) and three periods with different measured size ranges (Case_1, Case_2 and Case_3). Files are:
Files have the following columns (column_name: description; [unit]):
* Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second: Sample time (UTC +2), 
* quality: Quality parameter; 
* sizerange_id: Size range ID (diamaters in PUI_dmps_sizeranges); 
* ntot: Total particle concentration ; [#/cm3]
* ch01: Particle concentration dN/dlogDp Ch01; [#/cm3]
* ch02: Particle concentration dN/dlogDp Ch02; [#/cm3]
* ch39: Particle concentration dN/dlogDp Ch39; [#/cm3]
* ch40: Particle concentration dN/dlogDp Ch40; [#/cm3]
Particle diameter of the channel were shown in the second row of the tables (unit nm)
Size distributions have been measured using different diameter ranges at different periods:
1. from 10 to 500 nm, 30 channels, 2.6.2006 - 31.3.2007
2. from 7 to 800 nm, 40 channels, 1.4.2007 - 31.1.2012
3. from 3 to 800 nm, 40 channels, from 1.2.2012
Sample air for the instruments is drawn through two parallel sampling lines: interstitial (int) and total (tot) inlets:
* interstitial inlet (int) is equipped with an impactor with a 10-µm cut-off size followed by a cyclone with a 1.0-µm cut-off size (2.5 µm before 20 November 2009)
* total air inlet (total) with heated sampling lines and snow-hood to dry the cloud droplets (cut-off size 40 µm when the wind speed is below 20 m/s)
This two-inlet setup enables simultaneous interstitial and total air (interstitial + cloud drop residual) measurements when the tower is covered by clouds.
The size of data: ca. 100 MB.
Note: Data also available and described via AVAA SmartSMEAR: