Puijo SMEAR IV Kuopio Multiangle Absorption Photometer (MAAP), total inlet (SmartSMEAR)
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFinnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Atmospheric Research Centre of Eastern Finland. University of Eastern Finland (UEF), Department of Applied Physics, Aerosol Physics group. Jorma Joutsensaari, University of Eastern Finland (UEF), Department of Applied Physics. Mika Komppula, Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Atmospheric Research Centre of Eastern Finland. , Puijo SMEAR IV Kuopio Multiangle Absorption Photometer (MAAP), total inlet (SmartSMEAR), 2017, URN:NBN:fi-fe201704065973.
Multiangle Absorption Photometer (MAAP) data measured through total (tot) inlet at Puijo SMEAR IV station in Kuopio, Finland. Data stored in CSC “smear” database, “PUI_maap_tot” table. It includes the following variables (valiable_name: description; [unit]):
* samptime: Sample time (UTC +2); [yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS]
* mtime: Time in Matlab time number (UTC+2); 
* quality: Quality parameter; 
* sigma_ap: Aerosol absorption coefficient 637nm (1/Mm); [1/Mm]
* conc_bc: Black carbon (BC) concentration in ng/m3; [ng/m3]
* load_filter: Filter loading (not to be used); 
* flowrate: Sample flow in liters/hourly; [l/h]
Webpage for the data: https://avaa.tdata.fi/web/smart/smear.
Open API query for the data (e.g. year 2011): https://avaa.tdata.fi/smear-services/smeardata.jsp?table=PUI_maap_tot&from=2011-01-01+00:00:00.000&to=2011-12-31+23:59:59.999&quality=ANY&averaging=NONE&type=NONE&variables=mtime,quality,sigma_ap,conc_bc,load_filter,flowrate
Interstitial (int) and total (tot) inlets:
Sample air for the instruments is drawn through two parallel sampling lines: interstitial (int) and total (tot) inlets:
* interstitial inlet (int) is equipped with an impactor with a 10-µm cut-off size followed by a cyclone with a 1.0-µm cut-off size (2.5 µm before 20 November 2009)
* total air inlet (total) with heated sampling lines and snow-hood to dry the cloud droplets (cut-off size 40 µm when the wind speed is below 20 m/s)
This two-inlet setup enables simultaneous interstitial and total air (interstitial + cloud drop residual) measurements when the tower is covered by clouds.
The size of data: ca. 1.5 MB/year, totally ca. 6 MB.